Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lower East Side, Essex Street at Delancey

The Essex Street Market has a large number of merchants and is worth a long visit but it was closing, so I only got a few shots of some unusual things. I'll come back another time – earlier.


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

See the goat meat in the middle? This is the first time I've ever seen it for sale. The question of how to cook it could not be answered in my cook book library, not even in How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman. He can expect an indignant email from me.



Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Feet. Of some sort.



Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge


Look at this! Have you ever seen chickens sold by breed? I have to come back.


See map.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worthy of Frances Bacon (top two, of course).

Anonymous said...

As a starting point, of course. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love the picts and the commentary.

I'll go with you when you go back.

If only you'd let me tag along on a phtoto walk...