Thursday, January 22, 2009

Midtown, Lexington Avenue at 45th Street

Today I went on a photowalk to 173rd Street in Washington Heights. It was cold. I was looking for two specific buildings as Gladys requested. I got em. Coming back, I missed the last step on the subway stairs and fell down with my camera still hanging around my neck. I heard it hit the concrete. But it's okay and I'm okay. I'm just telling you this because when you see that I'm posting a photo from two years ago, you'll know it wasn't my fault. I did my best, subjecting myself to frigid weather and injury.

But I can't download my photos. I have a card slot in my computer which won't read, and my camera connection is unacceptable also. This happened once before and in the morning it had fixed itself. So I hope an overnight rest will work the same magic this time. In the meantime . . .



Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

On January 23, 2007, I was working on Park Avenue South and I took a lunchtime photowalk. Subway to Grand Central, then Lexington to 45th Street. I took this shot first merely to record the street sign, then later liked the group of six people all looking in different directions and cropped it way down. Now I like the full shot. What do you think?


See map.

No comments: