Friday, January 23, 2009

Washington Heights, Fort Washington Avenue, looking South from 174th Street


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Okay! Photo problem solved. My new card reader works when nothng else does. Damn Dell, anyway.

So, as I was saying last night, yesterday I went on a photowalk to 173rd Street. Gladys, a homesick New Yorker, now living in Puerto Rico, has been patiently waiting for me to photograph her streets. She lived in two different buildings on 173rd Street and I was on a mission to document them. But first (there's always a but first), I got off the A train at 175th and walked down Fort Washington Avenue to 173rd Street and here I saw P.S. 173 which I had photographed almost a year ago in February from across the street. From this angle, it looks almost docile.

Also, look at that sun! This was at 4:20! Obama is president and the days are getting longer. At Last! (As they played at 10 consecutive inaugural balls)




See map.

No comments: