Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Times Square, 42nd Street Between Seventh and Eighth Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Saturday late afternoon Luka and I went to see The Wrestler at AMC Empire 25 on 42nd Street. The crowds were unbelievable. The ticket line, or should I say, ticket blob, was out the door. Maybe it's always like this on late Saturday afternoon and I've just never been here then. We were early enough to get tickets, though, since we'd allowed extra time to get a fast meal. So we missed our fast meal and settled for popcorn and coke, which was, ummmm, delicious. The Wrestler was also good although there was too much wrestling in it.

Afterwards I took a few shots in the swirl of 42nd Street. I especially like this one, partly because of its yellow-red overcast which I decline to remove. Please enlarge it, just as a favor to me.

P.S. Obama's speech tonight was great. Thrilling.

See map.

No comments: