Friday, May 15, 2009

West Village, Greenwich Avenue Between 11th and 12th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

So I walked right into Roasting Plant Coffee and ordered a small skim latte. And I had a chocolate chunk cookie, even though it was my diet day. I diet every other day. But what the hell, I had to make a full report to my readers.

Good thing I got in before the crowd came in. Notice the gal in the red has on a jacket and flip flops. It was that kind of a weather day. Not too warm, not too cool.

Okay, the first thing to know is the sizes are small, medium and large. None of this having to think, uh, what should I say if I want medium? The second thing is that they don't just grind the beans immediately before they make your cup, they roast their beans every day on site. Thus the stainless steel and plastic tubing.



Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

See those little desks or booths in the back? You can bring your laptop in and plug it right in. I want a laptop.

So the coffee? Excellent. So was the cookie. It had that homemade taste, the one you taste in the top back of your mouth.

See map.

No comments: