Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Upper East Side, East River Walk at 71st Street; FDR Drive Between 71st and 73rd Streets


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………xxxxxxxxx………………….. click to enlarge


This is the East River? I mean, this is the East River. Doesn't it look tempting?





Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………….. click to enlarge


Here's a longer view to help you figure out what you were looking at in the closeup.







Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………..click to enlarge


And now looking south is the Queensboro Bridge. Or if you're feeling groovy, the 59th Street Bridge.

These were all shot from the overpass I mentioned last night.





Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………........xxx………………….. click to enlarge


Right about here I ran out of, I started to say film, but what I ran out of was space on my card. But here is one last shot of where I walked after I crossed back over.  There's a very narrow sidewalk alongside those buildings over there and I walked it from 71st to 73rd (because you couldn't get through on 72nd).  It's not that concrete by the red car which looks wide enough, but if you really look hard (or enlarge), you can see a blue car on the other side, and the sidewalk is on the other side of that.  Narrow.

Tomorrow starts a new walk - and tales of Grand Jury Service!  Well, not too many, since we're sworn to secrecy.


See map.



No comments: