Friday, March 12, 2010

Washington Heights, St. Nicholas Avenue at 191st Street

I apologize!  I've kept you in suspense for 3 days!  And I have no excuse except I've been super busy. 

So where did we eat lunch?



Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

Where else but El Nuevo Caridad.  I've been wanting to eat there since February 2008.




Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

The front looking out on St. Nicholas Avenue.





Mary Sargent © 2010 ………..………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

And the back, looking more like a neighborhood hangout.

And what did we eat?



Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….…………… …..……………….. click to enlarge

Pork, of course.  Bill was craving it, not getting it at home any more.  And it sounded good to me.  This is their roast pork lunch.  Satisfying and generous to a fault.  The rice was quite good.

No comments: